Forever Free

The most unfortunate part of our job is that, in spite of all humane efforts, we may occasionally experience the passing of one of our rescue horses.

This page is in memoriam of rescues who crossed the rainbow bridge with us.  You are now forever free.

Somewhere… Somewhere in time’s own space, There must be some sweet pastured place, Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow, Some Paradise where horses go. For by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again. ~Stanley Harrison





Blue was signed over February 21, 2016 from an owner who could not afford his care. Blue was an underweight stallion whom had hooves that were painfully long and deformed. Every step he took he was in severe pain. He laid down a majority of the time to relieve the pain of his sore hooves. We worked with farriers and our vet, and in the end, vet determined Blue’s hooves were severely foundered, and he would most likely never live a pain-free life. Blue was set forever free on February 26, 2016. RIP Sweet Blue, you made a huge impact on our lives the short time you were with us.





Leroy was signed over July 7, 2015. He had a super huge heart and loved attention. Leroy battled several illnesses and had to be put on many different medications. Late September, Leroy had a neurological reaction to one of his medications. Leroy was in severe pain, so on September 23, 2015, Leroy was humanely euthanized. RIP Leroy.




Lily was purchased on July 2, 2015 in order to save her from the slaughterhouse. She had the sweetest, kindest disposition and an extreme will to live. She was underweight and sick. After many tests, Lily unfortunately tested positive for strangles and was deemed to be a carrier of the illness, for which there is no cure. Lily was humanely euthanized August 12, 2015. Fly high with the angels sweet Lily!






On June 18, 2014, Blaze, along with two others, were signed over to us by the owners. Blaze was the worse out of the three. He was a stallion that was extremely malnourished and weak. We managed to safely load him on a trailer and transport him a few miles down the road. Blaze was so malnourished that his body shut down only twelve hours later. Blaze crossed the rainbow bridge the following day, June 19,2014. RIP Blaze ~ You will never know the feeling of hunger and hopelessness again.